Axon Interactive Inc.
Based in Toronto, Ontario
|Not yet released|
Each generation, the Elephant Tribe makes a grand pilgrimage from the Western Elder Tree to the Eastern Elder Tree. But this time, something is different... Become Shepherd, an avatar of nature, and guide herds of animals on their diffcult journey. Help Shaman, the young Elephant leader, convince the other animal tribes to join her. Protect the herds as they are beset by flood, fire, drought, and the dark smokebeasts that have spread across the land.
Quench was first born in 2012 at TOJam (Toronto Game Jam), inspired by the theme “The World Is Not Ending”. From a Flash prototype, the Axon team refined the concept several times as various student projects. In mid-2014, the team made a playable Unity demo that was shown at the Level Up Showcase and (now-defunct) Gamercamp in Toronto. Quench is a recipient of the Ontario Creates Interactive Digital Media Fund in 2015, a successful Kickstarter campaign in 2016 and Indie Fund recipient in 2018. These opportunities will allow Axon Interactive to complete the game with an expected release in late Spring 2019. Quench is currently planned to launch on Nintendo Switch, Steam and itch.io.
- Change the environment around the animals: grow grass and trees, start forest fires, shift sand dunes, or create new rivers and lakes.
- There are many ways to approach encounters with dangerous creatures and obstacles, but guiding your animals to safety with care and kindness is always rewarded.
- Through gorgeous illustrated cinematics and in-game dialogue, explore how kindness, compassion, and forgiveness are powers unto themselves in this fable about overcoming differences to restore the world.
- Engage with a joyful experience, suitable for all ages
Nintendo Switch Announcement Trailer (2019) YouTube
Quench Official Trailer (2018) YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Indie MEGABOOTH Official Selection" PAX East, Boston, 2019
- "Best In Play Award" GDC, San Francisco, 2019
- "Damage Camp Official Selection" Damage Camp, Toronto, 2018
- "Bit Bazaar Official Selection" Bit Bazaar, Toronto, 2018
- "MIVS "Shiny" Award for Best Art" MAGFest, Washington DC, 2017
- "Gravitron Award for Best Player Experience" Indy PopCon, Indiana, 2016
Wishlist Quench on Steam store.steampowered.com.
Follow @quenchgame on twitter.com.
Follow @quenchgame on instagram.com.
Like @quenchgame on facebook.com.
The Quench campaign ended successfully on May 20, 2016 kickstarter.com.
About Axon Interactive Inc.
Axon Interactive Inc. is an interactive media company based in Toronto. They specialize in websites and apps for healthcare and education, but also love making art and games.
More information on Axon Interactive Inc., our logo & relevant media are available here.
Producer, Creative Lead, Level Design
Technical Lead, Programming
3D Modelling and Animation
Graphic Design, 2D Art and Animation
Alex Bethke (Golden Gear Games)
Project Manager, Level Design
Josh Cappelli (OddBird Studio)
Robby Duguay (Level Curve)
Gavin Finley (OddBird Studio)
Halina Heron (Level Curve)
Jarryd Huntley (Polytundra)
3D Modelling (Environment)
Composer and Sound Designer
Quench is made possible with the support of the Ontario Media Development Corporation.