Axon Interactive Inc.
Based in Toronto, Ontario
|Not yet released|
Quench is a story-driven puzzle game set in a colourful, lo-fi world. You play as Shepherd, an avatar of nature, and you have the power to control the weather to guide herds of animals on a perilous journey. You must protect your flock, tend the land, and unravel the mystery of the strange smokebeasts that have invaded the world. Quench is inspired by uplifting and joyful classics such as The Lion King and Avatar: The Last Airbender and games like Journey and Okami. Quench is an illustrated fable about overcoming differences to restore the world. Explore ways in which kindness, compassion, and forgiveness are powers unto themselves as you protect and care for your animal companions through their challenging pilgrimage.
Quench was first born at TOJam: The Sevening, inspired by the theme “The World Is Not Ending”. From a Flash prototype, Jeff and James refined the concept several times as various student projects. In mid-2014, the Axon team made a playable Unity demo that was shown at the Level Up Showcase and Gamercamp. Quench is a recipient of the Ontario Media Development Corporation's Interactive Digital Media Fund. This opportunity will allow Axon Interactive to complete the game with an expected release in 2018. Quench is currently planned for release on Steam and itch.io.
- Control the weather and environment to keep your herds safe
- Help restore life to a colourful, geometric world
- Manage the flow of water to direct rivers, revive plants, and care for your animals
- Engage in a fable about community, compassion and forgiveness
- Play a joyful experience, suitable for all ages
Quench Trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "MIVS Best Art Award" Washington, DC
- "Indy PopCon Selection" Indianapolis, IN, USA
- "Reboot Indie Game Awards Semifinalist" Indianapolis, IN, USA
- "Gravitron Award - Best Player Experience" Indianapolis, IN, USA
- "Bit Bazaar Selection" Toronto, ON, Canada
- "Con Bravo Selection" Hamilton, ON, Canada
- "Between its arresting low-poly aesthetic and its potent environmentally aware theming, Quench is a game that fleshes out its core gameplay with lovingly crafted embellishments"
- Bunkbeds, gamepedia.com
- "Learning from Disney to tell human stories through animal characters"
- Jose Cardoso, killscreen.com
- "[Quench is] bolstered by a very unique, polygonal art style that lends itself well to tell the game’s story"
- Shakyl Lambert, cgmagonline.com
- "Animals, Avatar, and Fighter Jets: The Story of Quench"
- Christopher Demelo, dorkshelf.com
- "The low-polygon count graphical style is one of the game’s most striking qualities"
- Steve John, lowbrowgamer.com
- "Quench is well on its way to delivering a top-grade interactive platform where you literally save the world"
- Conrad Crisman, cliqist.com
Follow @quenchgame on twitter.com.
Like Quench on facebook.com.
The Quench campaign ended successfully on May 20, 2016 kickstarter.com.
Quench has been Greenlit by the Steam Community steamcommunity.com.
Quench Promoter Page axoninteractive.promoterapp.com.
About Axon Interactive Inc.
Axon Interactive Inc. is an interactive media company based in Toronto. They specialize in websites and apps for healthcare and education, but also love making art and games.
More information on Axon Interactive Inc., our logo & relevant media are available here.
Producer, Creative Lead, Level Design
Technical Lead, Programming
3D Modelling and Animation
Graphic Design, 2D Art and Animation
Project Manager, Level Design
3D Modelling (Environment)
Composer and Sound Designer
Quench is made possible with the support of the Ontario Media Development Corporation.