Axon Interactive Inc.
Based in Toronto, Ontario
August 7, 2019
Become Shepherd, an avatar of nature, and guide herds of animals on a perilous journey. Each generation, the Elephant Tribe makes a grand pilgrimage. But this time, something is different... Help Shaman, the young Elephant leader, convince the other animal tribes to join her. Protect your herds as they are beset by flood, fire, drought, and the dark smokebeasts that have spread across the land. Control the environment to guide herds of animals and restore their home in this colourful narrative puzzle game!
Quench was first born in 2012 at TOJam (Toronto Game Jam), inspired by the theme “The World Is Not Ending”. From a Flash prototype, the Axon team refined the concept several times as various student projects. In mid-2014, the team made a playable Unity demo that was shown at the Level Up Showcase and (now-defunct) Gamercamp in Toronto. Quench is a recipient of the Ontario Creates Interactive Digital Media Fund in 2015, a successful Kickstarter campaign in 2016 and Indie Fund recipient in 2018.
- Change the environment around the animals with the powers of the Elder Tree: grow grass and trees, start forest fires, shift sand dunes, or create new rivers and lakes.
- Overcome treacherous encounters with creatures and obstacles while carefully guiding your animals to safety.
- Fall in love with a papercraft-inspired landscape set to a joyful original score by Adam Sakiyama.
- Through gorgeous illustrated cinematics and in-game dialogue, explore how kindness, compassion, and forgiveness are powers unto themselves in this fable about overcoming differences to restore the world.
Launch Trailer (Nintendo Switch only) YouTube
Launch Trailer (All platforms) YouTube
Nintendo Switch Announcement Trailer (2019) YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Indie MEGABOOTH Official Selection" PAX East, Boston, 2019
- "Best In Play Award" GDC, San Francisco, 2019
- "Damage Camp Official Selection" Damage Camp, Toronto, 2018
- "Bit Bazaar Official Selection" Bit Bazaar, Toronto, 2018
- "MIVS "Shiny" Award for Best Art" MAGFest, Washington DC, 2017
- "Gravitron Award for Best Player Experience" Indy PopCon, Indianapolis, 2016
Follow @quenchgame on twitter.com.
Follow @quenchgame on instagram.com.
Like @quenchgame on facebook.com.
The Quench campaign ended successfully on May 20, 2016 kickstarter.com.
About Axon Interactive Inc.
Axon Interactive Inc. is an interactive media company based in Toronto. They specialize in websites and apps for healthcare and education, but also love making art and games.
More information on Axon Interactive Inc., our logo & relevant media are available here.
Creative Director, Writer
Technical Lead, Programming
3D Modelling and Animation
Graphic Design, 2D Art and Animation
Alex Bethke (Golden Gear Games)
Production, Level Design
Josh Cappelli (OddBird Studio)
Robby Duguay (Level Curve)
Gavin Finley (OddBird Studio)
Halina Heron (Level Curve)
Sound Design Lead
Jarryd Huntley (Polytundra)
3D Modelling (Environment)
Quench is made possible with the support of Ontario Creates.